Mobile Device Management
➡ To request enrollment in the service pilot, please use this request form.
Some facts about the service pilot:
- Provides reliable, uniform, managed security to mobile devices as required for UW–Madison users.
- Enables compliance with regulatory requirements or security best practices for mobile devices.
- Supports remote wipe for devices with protected institutional data that are lost or stolen.
- Architected as an “opt-in” platform as directed by Deans and Directors of university components.
- Hosted on-premise at UW–Madison in the Campus Computing Infrastructure (CCI) environment.
- Does not require any additional software, hardware, or other infrastructure at the customer location.
- Is suitable for managing devices that access or process Internal, Sensitive, or Restricted Data.
- Supports institutionally-owned devices that access protected data classes or are under a management regime.
- Supports personally-owned (“Bring Your Own Device”, or BYOD) devices that access protected data classes.
- Allows binding to departmental or organizational directory services.
- Does not manage, access, or manipulate private personal data on personally-owned devices.
- Targeted at devices or systems running Apple iOS or Google Android operating system software.
- Supports Apple Device Enrollment Program (DEP) for applicable iOS devices (but does not require DEP for iOS devices).
- No customer license cost during the pilot. Final customer license cost is yet to be determined.
- If successful and funded, is intended to seamlessly transition to a UW–Madison production service.